The Mexican Liga MX has seen so many prolific goal scorers over the years. Currently, strikers like Henry Martin (Club America), Rogelio Funes Mori (Monterrey), and Andre-Pierre Gignac (Tigres UANL) rule supreme in the Mexican Liga BBVA MX at the present. In the past, strikers such as Sergio Lira, Osvaldo Castro, Jose Cardozo and Jared Borgetti have played in the Mexican top flight.
Argentine-born, Rogelio Funes Mori is currently the all-time highest goalscorer for Monterrey with 126 goals in all competitions. However, his 121 Liga MX goals leave him a long way away from the Top 10 all-time goalscorers in the Liga MX. Rogelio Funes Mori would have to score 71 more Liga MX goals to beat Sergio Lira's 191 goal haul in the Liga MX and make it to the Top 10 all-time leading goalscorers list for the Mexican Liga BBVA MX league.
Top 10 All-time Highest Goalscorers in Liga MX
Liga MX Top 10 all-time highest goalscorers are made up of 6 Mexicans, 2 Brazilians and 1 Chilean and 1 Paraguayan. Brazilian Evanivaldo Castro leads the way with 312 goals in 427 appearances in the Liga MX between 1974 and 1987. Carlos Hermosillo is 2nd on the list with a close 294 goals from 539 matches while Jared Borgetti scored 252 goals across 475 matches. Below is the list of the Top 10 all-time leading goalscorers in the Liga MX:
1. Evanivaldo Castro - 312 goals - 427 matches
2. Carlos Hermosillo - 294 goals - 539 matches
3. Jared Borgetti - 252 goals - 475 matches
4. Jose Cardozo - 249 goals - 332 matches
5. Horacio Casarin - 238 goals - 326 matches
6. Osvaldo Castro - 214 goals - 398 matches
7. Luis Roberto Alves - 209 goals - 577 matches
8. Adalberto Lopez - 201 goals - 231 matches
9. Carlos Eloir Perucci - 199 goals - 398 matches
10. Sergio Lira - 191 goals - 564 matches