Liverpool is one of the most decorated teams on the planet and they are the third most successful European team to win the Champions League, with six titles. The Reds are a regular fixture in the final stages of major continental and world competitions.
More International Leagues News:
For Liverpool, it has been three Champions League finals in the last five seasons and they have long since regained their place among the royalty of European soccer, after almost a decade of wandering in the wilderness since Milan beat them in the final in Athens in 2007.
Throughout the long history of Liverpool, which was founded in 1882, there have only been two teams in Europe that have managed to lift the top continental competition, the Champions League, more times: Real Madrid and Milan.
How many Champions League finals has Liverpool FC played in its history?
It will be the tenth time the Reds have been in the final of the European Champions League. They played five between 1977 and 1985, after which they spent 20 years out of contention for the 'Orejona' to play two in three years between 2005 and 2007. They again spent a decade away from the final and are going for their third since 2018.
This is how all of Liverpool's finals in Europe's top competition went:
- 3-1 win over Borussia Mönchengladbach in the 76/77 season
- 1-0 win over Brugge in the 77/78 season
- 1-0 win against Real Madrid in the 80/81 season
- 1-1 win (5-3 on penalties) against Roma in 83/84 season
- 1-0 loss to Juventus in the 84/85 season
- 3-3 win (5-4 on penalties) against Milan in the 04/05 season
- 2-1 loss to Milan in 06/07 season
- 3-1 loss to Real Madrid in 17/18 season
- 2-0 win against Tottenham in the 18/19 season
- Final of the 21/22 season vs. Real Madrid