All even in the final! Liverpool and Chelsea tied 0-0 at halftime at Wembley

Liverpool and Chelsea were close to scoring in the final but its stay 0-0 in the first 45.

By Emmanuel Mendez

Chelsea and Liverpool are tied 0-0 at Wembley Stadium in the Carabao Cup final.
Chelsea and Liverpool are tied 0-0 at Wembley Stadium in the Carabao Cup final.
Síguenos enSíguenos en Google News

Liverpool and Chelsea are currently drawing 0-0 at halftime of the EFL Carabao Cup final at Wembley Stadium. Liverpool started the game as if they were playing at Anfield and brought the pressure to Chelsea. Liverpool played in Chelsea’s half for the first ten minutes. Liverpool had two free kicks near the Chelsea box, but they couldn’t get a shot off.

Related News: Who wins the trophy? Liverpool and Chelsea face off at Wembley for the EFL Cup

Luis Diaz had the first chance of the game when he won a header in the box, but the high ball was easily caught by Petrovic. Chelsea tried to push up the field, but Liverpool was dangerous on the counter. Mac Allister took a long shot on target, and Petrovic caught it. Chelsea almost conceded from a terrible mistake by Disasi. The French defender slipped, and Liverpool took the ball easily. Diaz cuts inside and takes a shot at the near post but Petrovic makes the important save.

Chelsea has their first chance of the game in the 20th minute. Gallagher passes the ball to Sterling, but the ball falls to Cole Palmer, who shoots it at Kelleher. Jackson also had a chance in the rebound, but his shot was blocked. Chelsea was close to opening the score in the best chance of the half.

Liverpool receives bad news as Ryan Gravenberch goes down after a late tackle from Moises Caicedo. Caicedo steps on Gravenberch as he passes the ball, and Gravenberch had to leave the pitch. Liverpool suffers 12 first-team players as the Dutch midfielder is stretchered off. Jurgen Klopp was furious to see another player injured, as this seemed like another ankle injury.

Related News: Xabi Alonso looking over Liverpool and Bayern Munich as he decides where to go next

Chelsea scored in the first half, but it was offside

In the 32nd minute, Nicolas Jackson passed a great ball to Sterling, and the former Liverpool player pushed the ball into the net. The goal was quickly disallowed, and after a long VAR check, the goal was not given. It was a tight call since Jackson was just ahead of Konate.

In the 40th minute, Cody Gakpo meets a cross with a header in the box and sends it to the right post with Petrovic beaten. Liverpool couldn't take advantage of the rebound as the ball was cleared away. Bradley almost scored late in the first half, but Colwill blocked his shot.

More news