With the expectation generated by the presence of Lionel Messi at Paris Saint Germain and with no less than ten candidates for the title, a new edition of the Champions League will begin this Tuesday. A group stage with eight zones of four teams will start a route that will culminate on May 28, 2022 with the final that will take place at the Gazprom Arena in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
While waiting for the premiere of Messi and company, scheduled for Wednesday when PSG visit Bruges, the opening day of the tournament will have several highlights, such as the debut of champion Chelsea, the premiere of Cristiano Ronaldo's Manchester United or the clash between two heavyweights from the continent, like Barcelona and Bayern Munich.
The high points of the first day
The start of the contest will have this Tuesday the duels of Groups E, F, G and H, with the stellar cross between Barcelona and Bayern Munich as the most attractive dish. In addition, the premiere of the champion Chelsea is another of the peaks of expectation of attention, with his match at Stamford Bridge against Zenit.
In the same area, Juventus seeks to assimilate the blow that Cristiano Ronaldo's departure to United meant and change the terrible image of his start in Italian Serie A when he visits Malmö. Cristiano's United is precisely another one that will see action on the first day of competition, with its visit to the Young Boys of Switzerland in Group F.
All the Groups of the Champions
- Group A: Manchester City (England), Paris Saint Germain (France), RB Leipzig (Germany), and Brugge (Belgium).
- Group B: Atlético de Madrid (Spain), Liverpool (England), Porto (Portugal) y Milan (Italy).
- Group C: Sporting Lisboa (Portugal), Borussia Dortmund (Germany), Ajax (Holland) y Besiktas (Turkey).
- Group D: Inter (Italy), Real Madrid (Spain), Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine) y Sheriff Tiraspol (Moldova).
- Group E: Bayern Múnich (Germany), Barcelona (Spain), Benfica (Portugal) y Dínamo Kiev (Ukraine).
- Group F: Villarreal (Spain), Manchester United (England), Atalanta (Italy) y Young Boys (Switzerland).
- Group G: Lille (France), Sevilla (Spain), Salzburgo (Austria) y Wolfsburgo (Germany).
- Group H: Chelsea (England), Juventus (Italy), Zenit San Petersburgo (Russia) y Malmö (Sweden).