Spurs and Manchester City drew 0-0 at halftime in their 4th round FA Cup tie.

Spurs have done well to keep Manchester City quiet apart from an offside goal they conceded early.

By Emmanuel Mendez

No goals in Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as Man City struggle to score against Spurs defense.
No goals in Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as Man City struggle to score against Spurs defense.
Síguenos enSíguenos en Google News

Spurs and Manchester City do no damage to one another in the first half of the FA Cup tie. Man City looked more like the dominant team, while Spurs were looking to catch City off guard on the counterattack. Spurs wanted to get comfortable on the ball, but Manchester City was using their press to win the ball back. Manchester City thought they took an early lead after a low cross in the box by Kyle Walker.

Related News: Liverpool and Manchester City will battle for $75M Bayern Munich midfielder

Foden took a shot on goal, and Vicario saved, but Bobb scored the rebound. The goal was quickly disallowed for offside as the flag was raised. VAR checked the play for offside and stayed with the decision. Bobb’s foot was just ahead of Van de Ven.

Man City still maintained possession and almost scored again a few minutes later. A couple of passes were made near the Spurs box, and Bernardo Silva was in the box. Silva couldn't take a shot on target, and Spurs struggled to play out from the back. Tottenham were defending the first few minutes while City was controlling the game.

Related News: Spurs will look to keep their perfect streak at home vs City in the FA Cup

Spurs defended well late in the game as Man City struggled to find another clear chance on goal

Spurs got their first corner kick of the game in the 15th minute but couldn't do much with the chance. Tottenham slowly grew into the game and tried to attack again. Spurs were looking to attack on the wide positions to then cross into the box. Their game plan almost worked in the 23rd minute when Porro’s low cross was caught by Ortega, which was aimed for an open Richarlison.

In the 40th minute, Bobb was close to scoring past Vicario, but a great block by Porro denied the Norweigan player the chance. The referee added 6 extra minutes but City still couldn't break Spurs down.

More news