Lionel Messi celebrated a new title in his career. After breaking the curse with the Argentina national team after winning the Copa America in Brazil and defeating Italy in the Finalissima, La Pulga was once again crowned champion, this time with Paris Saint-Germain by winning the French Super Cup against Nantes at Bloomfield Stadium in Tel Aviv (Israel). ‘La Pulga’ scored the first goal of his team's four goals and was voted MVP of the match.
In this way, the Rosarino won his 41st title as a professional footballer, and is just one step away from becoming the most successful player in the history of the sport. He is just one trophy away from catching up with his friend and former Barcelona teammate Dani Alves. The Brazilian, who recently joined Pumas of Mexico, has 42 titles to his name.
More Leo Messi news:
Perfect start to the new season
What a start to the season for Lionel Messi, to the delight of Parisian fans and the entire country of Argentina, Messi enjoyed a perfect start to the season with PSG, scoring the first goal in the 4-0 win over Nantes to win the French Super Cup.
In this way, the rosarino star added a new trophy to his trophy cabinet, thus reaching 41 titles in his career, nothing more and nothing less: he is the highest Argentine winner and the second in history (only behind Dani Alves).
Titles in 2022
Since his arrival in 2021, Messi has already managed to clinch two titles at Paris Saint-Germain: the Ligue 1 2021/22 and the Champions Trophy mentioned above.
All the trophies Messi has won in his career
- Spanish League (10): 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2012-2013, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2017-2018 y 2018-2019
- Spanish Super Cup (8): 2005-2006, 2006-2007, 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 y 2018-2019
- Copa del Rey (7): 2008-2009, 2011-2012, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018 y 2020-2021
- Champions League (4): 2005-2006, 2008-2009, 2010-2011 y 2014-2015
- FIFA Club World Cup (3): 2009, 2011 y 2015
- European Super Cup (3): 2009-2010, 2011-2012 y 2015-2016
Argentina National Team:
- Copa America (1): 2021
- Finalissima (1): 2022
- FIFA World Cup U 20 (1): 2005
- Olympic Games (1): 2008
- Ligue 1 (1): 2021-2022
- Supercopa de Francia (1): 2022