Major League Soccer

Chicharito Vs Carlos Vela: two old friends face each other on the field. Who has a better chance of scoring a goal?

Both came out of the Chivas academy and were almost teammates in an Under 17 World Cup but this weekend, the friendship will not exist.

The Los Angeles derby brings us the opportunity to enjoy the battle of two of the most lethal strikers in MLS 2022, both of whom have been scoring for their clubs.
The Los Angeles derby brings us the opportunity to enjoy the battle of two of the most lethal strikers in MLS 2022, both of whom have been scoring for their clubs.

The LA Galaxy vs LAFC duel is close and everyone is waiting for Chicharito vs Carlos Vela, two old friends who will face each other on the field. Who has more chances to score a goal?

More news about Carlos Vela:

Carlos Vela is willing to return to Mexico National Team if this coach replaces Gerardo Martino

The Los Angeles derby brings us the opportunity to enjoy the battle of two of the most lethal strikers in MLS 2022, both of whom have been scoring for their clubs.

And although at various times both have commented that there is a solid friendship between them, it is more than clear that when the ball starts rolling this Saturday, March 9 at 19:30 ET, the friendship will end.

Chicharito vs Carlos Vela: two old friends face each other on the pitch

The two players' friendship goes way back, almost 15 years ago when they were both parts of the Chivas academy, although only Hernandez Balcazar managed to make his Liga MX debut. 

Later, they both played together in the Mexican Under-17 National Team, but only Carlos Vela attended the tournament and was crowned in 2005 with the rest of the squad that competed in that tournament. 

Later, both played in the senior national team, where they attended the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and the 2018 World Cup in Russia. Chicharito also played in Brazil in 2014.

Javier "Chicharito" Hernández is currently in his third season in MLS, in which he has accumulated 38 games and 23 goals; while Carlos Vela is in his fifth season. He has played 95 games and scored 63 goals. 

"When the starting whistle is blown, for me he is an unknown player, just another LAFC player": Chicharito

Javier Hernandez has already warmed up for the Los Angeles derby and made a statement that shows his commitment to victory and his club and its people, above friendship.

"You always want to face and put yourself in competition with the best players in all leagues. Carlos is one of them and obviously I love him very much. But when the whistle blows, he's an unknown quantity to me, just another LAFC player," said the lethal Galaxy striker. 

Who is most likely to score a goal?

According to the specialized website Pronósticos.Futbol, the club with the best chance of winning is the LA Galaxy, as this club has a 41.3% chance of winning, while LAFC has a 32% chance of winning, while the possibility of a draw has a 26.7% chance of occurring.

Therefore, it is "Chicharito" who has more chances to score, although with the quality of both strikers, and due to the probability of a draw, it could be the case that both score.

What are the numbers for Chicharito vs Carlos Vela?

More news about Chicharito:

LA Galaxy vs LAFC: Predictions, odds, TV channel, and Livestream

Walter Gabriel Estrella Yah.

Journalist with more than 10 years of experience. Puma UNAM at heart. Fan of the most beautiful sport on the planet. I currently cover Liga MX, MLS, Premier League, Mexican National Team and USMNT. Always attentive to the latest world soccer news.+ info

Related Articles

More Soccer News

More Soccer News