Premier League

Liverpool vs Leeds United Premier League 2022 predictions: Who is more likely to win the game?

If Liverpool win, the Reds will close the gap to three points on Manchester City

Will Liverpool close the gap on Manchester City?
Will Liverpool close the gap on Manchester City?

Liverpool will play against Leeds United at Anfield in Liverpool next Wednesday corresponding to round 19 of the Premier League. The Reds are currently in second place in the standings. The Liverpool side is coming off a 3-1 home win over Norwich in the Premier League, which has put Klopp’s side closer to Manchester City.

More Premier League News:

Premier League Table: How are the standings after 26 rounds?

Meanwhile, the Whites sit in fifteenth place in the Premier League with 23 points. Marcelo Bielsa’s team is in desperate need of victories to stay clear of the relegation places. Their last Premier League game was a painful defeat against Rangnick’s Manchester United.

Reds' chance to close in on Manchester City 

Liverpool have an 82% chance of closing in on Manchester City as this is the chance they have of beating Leeds United. 

Meanwhile, Leeds have a 6% chance of pulling off the miracle of beating the Reds and putting their direct fight for the Premier League title in doubt.

A draw is more likely than a Leeds win with a 12% probability.

All indicates that Liverpool will fight until the last matchday for the Premier League title 

According to the predictions and probabilities published by Google, Liverpool has an 84% chance of beating Leeds United while the other 16% probability is divided into 10% for a draw and 6% for Leeds United. 

With this possible victory, Liverpool would have 60 points and would be 10 points ahead of its main pursuer Chelsea and would be only 3 points behind the only leader of the Premier League Manchester City. 

Mohamed Salah, Liverpool's star player and his moves

Undoubtedly, Liverpool's ace in the hole is their star player Mohamed Salah. He has an overall FIFA ranking of 89 points and is indispensable in every match the Reds play.

As can be seen in the graphic, Liverpool has to play in the box for Mohamed Salah to increase the chances of scoring a goal and opening the score in the match.

Of course, Liverpool's star player will try to use his left foot to make a difference on the scoreboard as his chances increase considerably that way. 

Salah's only weakness is aerial play and crosses, where his chances are low but a team like Liverpool has more players with great level to make up for that weakness.

More Premier League News:

Burnley vs Tottenham Hotspur Premier League 2022 predictions: Who is more likely to win?

Related Articles

Stories

More Soccer News

More Soccer News