Currently, the US National Team lives a great moment in the present and future, the combined stars and stripes has an emerging brood that has begun to flourish in the Old Continent with the stay of several American elements from various clubs in Europe, including soccer giants. world.
They have many footballers participating in Europe, who can afford to have to leave out several players, due to the excess of potential talent. The North American selective will have the opportunity to be champion of the Nations League when facing Mexico, so we name the best European teams that can be decisive in the achievement of the trophy and are among those who have the greatest expectation in June 2021.
In the roster of players for the Gold Cup, prepared by coach Gregg Berhalter, there are only four players who play in Major League Soccer, the rest are part of a European club and the list is headed by Christian Pulisic, from Chelsea and Weston McKennie, from Juventus.
Who are the 5 best US players in the world?
- Christian Pulisic: The Borussia Dortmund youth squad is barely 22 years old and for several years he has been considered the top youth figure in the United States, he has already joined Chelsea for a couple of years and little by little he has begun to earn a place among the Headlines. He plays as a right winger, but can play on the left or as a center forward.
- Weston McKennie: The Schake 04 youth squad aroused the interest of Juventus in Turin in the summer of 2020, the midfielder had good participation in the opportunities he received from Andrea Pirlo, who, Vecchia Signora decided to sign him and gave him a contract until June 2025. In the season he received many minutes, scored six goals and gave three assists.
- Sergiño Dest: The Dutchman of American origin chose to defend the United States shirt, with just 20 years old he started the season just ended in Spain with Barcelona, the Ajax youth squad has a year since his arrival in LaLiga and has a contract until June 2025.
- Giovanni Reyna: The Borussia Dortmund midfielder began to have reflections from the age of 16, currently at just 18 years old he has already begun to take regularity in the German team and is definitely a great prospect for the American offensive.
- John Brooks: Unlike the others, Brooks is the only one to have played a World Cup for the USA when he was part of the team that reached the knockout stages of the World Cup in Brazil, scoring the winning goal against Ghana in the group stage. The 27-year-old center-back was a fixture for German Wolfsburg in 2020, starting 29 of 31 games.